Meet Steve Leblang
Steve is a dynamic, high-energy strategist and researcher who has been integral to record-breaking successes in audience size and revenue generation. He has successfully led teams in marketing, qualitative and qualitative research and content acquisition at Sony Pictures TV, Game Show Network, FX Networks and FOX cable networks, among others. His unique ability to curate, synthesize, process and effectively communicate critical information to C-Suite executives has been honored by the cable TV industry.
My Career So Far
- Providing consulting services ranging from business development, strategic planning and both qualitative and quantitative research services, inclusive of online and social metrics.
- Diversifying client roster which encompasses national cable networks, television stations, multiplatform content providers, research vendors, non-profit organizations and entertainment websites.
VICE PRESIDENT, Marketing Analytics and Strategy, Sony Pictures Entertainment / October 2018-June 2020
- Developed and exclusively disseminated analysis and best practice recommends of social media metrics, including volume, engagement ratio, video downloads, platform representation and sentiment.
- Worked with top executives, showrunners, agencies and network/platform partners on campaign strategies for more than 60 original productions.
VICE PRESIDENT, Programming Research, Sony Pictures Entertainment / March 2016-October 2018
- Analyzed, interpreted and recommended best strategic practices from regularly released ratings and quantitative research, as well as proprietary qualitative research project results, to top management and global programming groups.
- Led development and implementation of research dashboard, encompassing more than a dozen data suppliers, more than four years of back data and capable of producing more than 200 different and consistently updated weekly reports, with full interactive capabilities.
- Served as consultant to division chairman from July,2015-February,2016.
VICE PRESIDENT, Program Planning and Acquisitions, GSN (Game Show Network) / February 2012-January 2015
- Oversaw strategic planning, linear and non-linear scheduling and acquisitions, producing network’s best-ever audience delivery (in 25-year history) and demographic profile for three consecutive calendar years.
- Improved overall audience +25%, key sales demo +43% and lowered median age by 4 years.
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, Strategic Planning & Research, FX Networks and Emerging Networks, FOX Cable Networks, / Nov.1999-June 2009
- Oversaw all qualitative and quantitative research and strategy recommends, including scheduling, positioning, marketplace analysis and brand evolution for suite of nine cable networks, including FX and others in movie, Hispanic, motor sports and general sports categories.
- Transformed a secondary linear network in a multi-billion dollar crown jewel of the FOX content portfolio.
- Developed ground-breaking testing and analytic strategies for noteworthy and historically successful original series, including THE SHIELD, RESCUE ME and IT’S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA.
- Headed corporate research initiatives on Hispanic audience development, digital platforms (including Hulu) and cross-platform measurement
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND COMMITTEES:
- ADVISORY BOARD, 2015, 2018 and 2020 Media and Insights Conferences, IIR -CO-CHAIRMAN, 2006 CTAM Research Conference
- CHAIRPERSON, 2007 CTAM Research Committee
- RECIPIENT, TAMI Award, CTAM, 2006