Is it just me, or are you beginning to notice it’s apparently open season on anyone over legal retirement age who has once had an overactive libido and/or a control freak complex?
On the heels of the sh-tshow of tearful allegations and hissyfits that resulted in yesterday’s awarding of $83.3M to the aggreived E. Jean Carroll came a dizzying sequence of events that began Thursday with arguably even more disgusting allegations; indeed, a de facto sh-tshow, one that starred a longtime pal and fellow 77-year-old horndog who had been having an otherwise decent week prior to that courtesy of Netflix. But as USA TODAY’s Cydney Henderson and Jordan Mendoza, apparently Vince McMahon has been an even badder boy:
McMahon announced he is stepping down one day after Janel Grant, a former employee at WWE headquarters, filed a lawsuit against McMahon, WWE and the company’s former head of talent relations, John Laurinaitis.
According to court documents, McMahon allegedly pushed Grant into “a physical relationship in return for long-promised employment at WWE,” which involved a forced sexual relationship, sharing of private photos and videos, as well as coercing Grant into having sexual relations with other WWE staffers, including Laurinaitis.
“McMahon also subjected Grant to acts of extreme cruelty and degradation that caused Grant to disassociate and/or become numb to reality in order to survive the horrific encounters,” the lawsuit states.
One disturbing incident described in the lawsuit details an alleged sexual encounter between Grant, McMahon and a “friend” of McMahon’s in May 2020. During the encounter, McMahon allegedly defecated on Grant, commanding “her to continue pleasuring his ‘friend’ with feces in her hair,” according to the lawsuit.
Like I said, an ACTUAL sh-tshow.
Of course, McMahon is denying all, as NBC News’ Diana Dasrath and Jamie Knodel noted in their report (are you noticing that stories like this ALWAYS seem to find reporters in multiples even as the business hemorrages human employees by the day?):
“I stand by my prior statement that Ms. Grant’s lawsuit is replete with lies, obscene made-up instances that never occurred, and is a vindictive distortion of the truth,” he said in a statement Friday night.
“However, out of respect for the WWE Universe, the extraordinary TKO business and its board members and shareholders, partners and constituents, and all of the employees and Superstars who helped make WWE into the global leader it is today, I have decided to resign from my executive chairmanship and the TKO board of directors, effective immediately.”
Well, how nice of you, Vinny Boom Butts. If only you had actually been working at your job in the first place, perhaps you might not be finding yourself in a mess of your own doing that’s at least on par with the one you allegedly left in Janel Grant’s scalp.
You know who HAS been doing his job? Who any media and sports executive knows was diligently leveraging and negotiating the future of your company to the tune of a groundbreaking $5B deal with Netflix while you were — at the very height of COVID, mind you–engaging in at the very least a questionable relationship with an employee nearly half your age?
The guy who issued the statement of your departure last night. per REELZAP’s Jae-Hyun Jung (hey, a SOLO reporter!):
According to Fightful, an internal memo sent by WWE’s Nick Khan revealed McMahon’s resignation from his roles as TKO Executive Chairman and from the TKO Board of Directors. McMahon will no longer be associated with TKO Group Holdings or WWE.
The company’s official statement on the matter is brief and comes shortly after Slim Jim decided to pause its advertising for the upcoming Royal Rumble, one of WWE’s major annual events. Slim Jim stated, “Given the recent disturbing allegations against Vince McMahon, at this time, we’ve decided to pause our promotional activities with WWE. This decision reflects our commitment to our brand values and responsibility to our community.”
There’s arguably more than a tinge of irony in the fact that McMahon’s ultimate downfall may have been due to a Slim Jim pulling out, given some of Grant’s other more detailed allegations, per the NEW YORK POST’s Ariel Zilber.
And, of course, we shouldn’t necessarily assume McMahon will be found guilty as charged, nor will any such potential verdict actually hold water (or any bodily excretion, I suppose). After all, as his fellow septugenarian misogynist is asserting, THIS IS NOT AMERICA!
All of this tabloid catnip was coming to light in the wake of a book tour from one Crystal Hefner, who hurled her own set of allegations against her now-deceased husband Hugh via, of all outlets, PEOPLE MAGAZINE and yet another reporting duo, Anya Leon (and) Brian Brant:
Crystal, who was married to Hefner at the time of his death, is the latest of Hef’s girlfriends who have written or spoken out about the damage caused by the man who claimed he liberated women through sparking a sexual revolution. Speaking with PEOPLE about the world she entered when she was just 21 years old, Crystal says that “a lot of women that have been in Hef’s orbit, they’ve lost their sparkle.”
Crystal also alleged in her memoir that Hefner always carried a disposable camera with him and that he took photos of the women everywhere.
“We were disposable too. I watched as those cameras filled up with the most incriminating images,” she wrote. “Rolls and rolls of potential blackmail, if he ever wanted to use it that way.” “I realized I was dealing with a really big power imbalance,” she adds. “It seemed like a world of success and fantasy, but everyone’s having to sleep with an 80-year-old. There’s a price. Everything has a price.”
There’s that age thing again. Uggggggg.
Maybe McMahon and perhaps E. Jean’s purported acquiatance can buttress their eventual defenses with the telling and experienced observations of another former Mrs. Hefner that could, one supposes, be attributable to Grant:
Without mentioning Crystal by name, or naming anyone, she spoke critically of people who “refuse to take accountability and use words loosely like ‘force’ and ‘survive’ to describe choices they made willingly at a certain point in their own lives.”
“We should be wary of those who try to destroy things because they are no longer benefiting from them.
But you know who’s not buying into any of that? Nick Khan. The swiftness of his response should draw even louder cheers than the ones elicited at Miami’s Kasera Center last night at SMACKDOWN (which considering how the Heat have fared of late are the most enthusiastic reactions one could heat all week).
But be wary, Mr. Khan. Your exemplary track record is tenuous at best. Don’t succumb to even what you hinted was a possibility earlier this week, which AWFUL ANNOUNCING’s Brendan Kleen picked up on:
WWE president Nick Khan knows many wrestling and MMA fans love Donald Trump.
That inspired a question from Fox News’ Will Cain about whether Khan and WWE will welcome likely GOP presidential nominee Trump back in the near future.
Khan wouldn’t rule out Trump’s return to the ring after being a frequent guest at events through the years, but his response showed just how much he wanted to avoid the topic.
“We welcome all people at WWE and at UFC, so we don’t see ourselves as a political entity in any way, shape or form,” Khan said. “In fact, over the last 10 to 15 years, we’ve stayed away from that because we want everyone to know that they’re welcome here. Red states, we sell out blue states. We sell out. It’s not what we’re focused on. What we’re focused on is the in-ring product and how it delivers to the fans. And if politicians are fans of our product, they’re welcome.”
Let him buy a ticket and put him in the nosebleeds. We both know he’s not writing a check to Carroll any time soon and I suppose he could always take up a collection outside any arena that would get him in the door. But don’t succumb to any temptation that could undo the good you did last night.
You sure don’t want to incur my wrath, do you?
Until next time…